Taoiseach gives Agriculture Minister Barry Cowen a stick and road

Must Read

Samsung Unpacked, mega leak on everything: Galaxy Z Fold 2, Watch 3, Note 20 and more

There are just a few hours left for one of the most anticipated events by smartphone enthusiasts: the Samsung Unpacked on August 5, 2020....

Amazon: discounts on Corsair and Crucial gaming RAM and a SanDisk Plus SSD

Among the many offers of today proposed today by the various distribution chains we also find different hardware components for PCs at a discount,...

Sony, in 2021 the company will change its name and present three new smartphones?

The sales of Xperia smartphones produced by Sony did not go so well: the Japanese company said it only shipped 400,000 smartphones between January...

Trio Max: now you can add several portable screens to your computer

Who else who least has become accustomed to having a couple of monitors connected to the PC at home because, thanks to them,...
Brian Adam
Professional Blogger, V logger, traveler and explorer of new horizons.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Cowen said in the evening that he was ‘disappointed and surprised’ by the Taoiseach’s decision to dismiss him in the wake of controversy over the news that he was banned from driving for three months in 2016 for drink driving.

Taoiseach gives Agriculture Minister Barry Cowen a stick and road

Agriculture Minister Barry Cowen has been given a stick and a road and has spent less than three weeks in office.

Cowen was stuck in controversy over the news that he was banned from driving for three months in 2016 for driving while intoxicated.

Taoiseach Micheál Martin told the Dáil tonight that Cowen had been removed as minister in the wake of the controversy. The Taoiseach said he had taken on the responsibilities of agriculture, food and the sea.

Cowen said in the evening that he was “disappointed and surprised” by the Taoiseach’s decision.

It is reported that Micheál Martin asked Cowen to resign but he refused to do so.

The Taoiseach said there were new questions to be answered about the case since it emerged that the Gardaí had a file alleging that Cowen had tried to avoid a checkpoint.

In a statement posted on Twitter tonight, Barry Cowen said he had informed the Taoiseach of all the facts surrounding the incident.

Barry Cowen has already apologized for the incident, but has strongly denied any attempt to avoid a checkpoint.

“Unfortunately, the Taoiseach’s decision to remove me, although he supported me in the Dáil this afternoon, has undermined my right to a fair trial and a fair process,” said Cowen.

Martin told the Dáil that it was left to other members of the government to address these issues as Cowen was unwilling to make a public statement and the controversy was distracting the government from its work.

Foreign Minister Simon Coveney said in the evening that the situation had “damaged” the Government.

- Advertisement -