You must be very careful what you receive! Although thousands of users have communicated through WhatsApp In order to stay together despite the confinement and the pandemic, even photos, videos, GIFs were sent and even video calls were generated, there is an error or message that can ruin your conversations.
As well? Well, cybercriminals are on the lookout for anyone who is distracted to steal or hack their accounts. WhatsApp.
To be able to do it they only need one minute. The method they perform is quite simple, and it is not necessary for them to have physical contact with you, they can execute it from anywhere on the planet and time. How do they do that?
Here we will explain what they do and how you can protect your account from WhatsApp so that it is not affected in future hacks.
Be careful with the verification codes that arrive on your smartphone, you could be the victim of a hack of your WhatsApp. (Photo: MAG)
The method used by cybercriminals is quite practical and they don’t need to ask for your cell phone, as it can be done from anywhere. Has it happened to you on WhatsApp ?
- The first thing they do is enter your WhatsApp account using your number.
- When registering you will be asked for a verification code. However, not having it, they will contact you.
- If you don’t know what it is about and you give them your WhatsApp verification number, you will have fallen.
- At that moment, the criminal will write the code in the installed WhatsApp.
- When it does, you will no longer have access to WhatsApp and the criminal will be able to download and view all your conversations and information.
- What you should do immediately is download WhatsApp again and enter your number.
- Then re-enter your verification code and voila, you can have your chats again.
Always remember to tell your parents or relatives that, if they get a strange number that sends them a code, never give it to anyone who contacts you. Keeping your family members up to date will help them avoid bad times.
Currently WhatsApp is waiting for it to be updated in order to improve its performance on the mobile device. For example, in 2021 they could improve the wallpapers, get more emojis from Emojipedia.